Tuesday, July 23, 2013
WE MEET AT RIVER CITY BREWING COMPANY
Lunch begins at noon - The meeting begins at 12:30 p.m.
Meet Stephen H. Davis, P.A.
For over 30 years, Stephen H. Davis has been helping people from all over the world legally immigrate to the United States.
Stephen received his Juris Doctor degree from the Cumberland School of Law of Samford University in 1968 and his B.A. degree from the University of South Florida in 1965. His professional legal experience includes:
- Adjunct Professor, Immigration Law, Florida Coastal School of Law
- Clients have included: Nobel Prize laureates, universities, medical schools, hospitals, State agencies, Fortune 500 companies, NFL team, professors, scientists, persons of international renown, entertainers, athletes, Olympic coaches, individual investors, engineers, executives, IT experts, medical professionals, family based cases, asylum and refugee applicants
- General counsel for international corporation
- Judicial Training/Court Information Officer, Fourth Judicial Circuit, Stat of Florida
The Rotary Club of South Jacksonville
Jerry Mallot, JAXUSA Partnership
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Social hour at 5 p.m. with open bar (beer, wine, and light hors d’oeuvres)
Program will begin at 5:30 p.m. and adjourn at 6:30 p.m.
River City Brewing Company
835 Museum Circle
Attendees are encouraged to stay for dinner. RCBC is offering a discount to Rotary diners. Please note that the evening meeting serves in place of the regularly scheduled lunch meeting.
Rotary Family News
James and Lauren Hopkins are thrilled to welcome their third son, Paul Baker Hopkins, born on July 15 at 2:19 p.m.. He arrived weighting 7 lbs. 7 ounces. Paul has 2 older brothers, Ben and Luke.
Ron Patrick has been named Senior Vice President at Merrill Lynch. Congratulations!
A short addendum to last weeks announcement regarding RealRotaryRadio.org. It's more than a great place to hear interviews; the home page for this web site states it is for “Rotarians Sharing Experiences”.
- It is the Go To place for letting other Rotary Clubs around the globe know of your project; just dial a phone number and record a message; and
- It also is a place to go for project ideas and advice.
Polio Fundraiser: The Orange Park Sunrise Club recently gave a Paul Harris Fellow to Gustav Fredrickson. The son of Rotarians Catrine and Goran Fredrikson, Gustave completed his bicycle journey from North Florida to Montreal, traveling some 2,200 miles and, thus far, received approximately $3,000 in donations to go toward the PolioPlus effort.
Mark Your Calendar
- July 30 - Weekly meeting will be in the evening - Bring a guest!
- August 22 - Sulzbacher Project
- August 27 - Blood Mobile
Club Meeting Photos